JUDr. Jiří Voda, LL.M. has been dealing with insolvency law since the year 2007, when he was preparing financial institutions for the coming of the new Insolvency Act in the Czech Republic. Dr. Voda has acquired substantial experience representing various litigants in insolvency proceedings during the course of his career, including:
- Participation in the preparation of the national report for the amendment of the Council Regulation No 1346/2000 on insolvency proceedings (hereinafter referred to as the “Regulation”), under a mandate of the European Commission and the University of Heidelberg;
- Representation on behalf of foreign insolvency trustees in the Czech Republic and the solving of various legal issues related to the Regulation;
- Representation of a debtor with a registered office in Prague during the reorganization of his company (with 130 employees);
- Representation of a debtor with a registered office in the Pilsen Region during the reorganization of his company (with 135 employees);
- Representation on behalf of the insolvency trustee during the bankruptcy proceedings of a debtor with a registered office in the Pilsen Region (with 180 employees);
- Representation on behalf of the insolvency trustee during the bankruptcy proceedings of a European conglomerate;
- Representation of creditors in claiming of receivables; several of these cases resulted in groundbreaking decisions by the Supreme Court of the Czech Republic;
- Representation of foreign banks in claiming of receivables against a debtor in insolvency proceedings;
- Published articles, in both English and German, in foreign legal journals focusing on insolvency law.
Utilizing the knowledge gained from the above mentioned experience, Dr. Voda successfully passed the insolvency trustee exams in 2012, as well as opening his own practice. In a relatively short time he managed to gain the trust of the courts and began to be appointed as an insolvency trustee in many of the most complex and interesting cases.
The office of JUDr. Jiří Voda, LL.M. Is committed to a professional approach to insolvency administration, utilizing the latest software methods in the field. We adhere to the central principle of the insolvency proceeding- the maximum satisfaction of creditors´ claims in the shortest possible time. Every employee of our office approaches the insolvency proceeding in this manner.
In July 2013 the law firm of JUDr. Jiří Voda, LL.M. established a mutual cooperation agreement with renown German law firm and insolvency trustee, Metzeler – von der Fecht. This prestigious German firm focuses on legal consulting for various entities in the Federal Republic of Germany and on insolvency proceedings regarding debtor’s bankruptcy in the automotive industry. Metzeler – von der Fecht´s advantage lies in the ability to manage going concerns and to successfully carry out their stabilization and restructuring. The law firm of JUDr. Jiří Voda, LL.M. Provides, together with Metzeler – von der Fecht, international legal consultation and performs administration of German-Czech conglomerates.
Since 2014, Dr. Voda has held the position of Examiner of Case Studies for the insolvency trustees exam administered by the Ministry of Justice.